An outgrowth of HUF’s Education Programs, HUF’s Family Strengthening Program (FSP) is an research-based family strengthening and training program, designed to build nurturing parenting skills as an alternative to help prevent unfavorable or harmful parenting practices.
The program has three components:
(1) Family Training Sessions
(2) Case Management
(3) Family-building Events
- Families learned strategies of avoiding trigger behavior, increasing self-awareness, positive concepts and self-esteem, and building levels of empathy.
- Families learned from other families and strengthened their social networks and family support systems.
- Families had the opportunity to discuss family stressors with a Case Manager and create a Nurturing Family Plan for their families.
- Families were referred to and connected with the appropriate partner agencies.
Additionally, FSP provided unique benefits to families, giving them easy access to a variety of services as Hispanic Unity member such as:
- English and Citizenship classes
- Access to public benefits and primary health care
- Financial Literacy classes and Free Tax preparation
- Career Coaches – Job assistance
- Legal assistance (Foreclosure, Basic legal aid, Immigration assistance)
- Transportation- bus passes
- West Hollywood Elementary
- Gulfstream Middle School
Thank you to our FSP funders for their support:
- A.D. Henderson Foundation
- Sandy and Kenny Tate
- Albert and Beatriz Miniaci
- Regions Bank
- Harold Rosenberg Fund at the Community Foundation of Broward County
For more information:
Contact Yonela Carusi at (954) 342-0417 or at firstname.lastname@example.org